by Daniel J. DeNoon
This Thanksgiving, like every Thanksgiving, I’m definitely planning on making good use of my fork.
And like every day-after-Thanksgiving, I’ll be trying to burn off all those extra calories (and the extra extra calories from all the leftovers).
Just in time, the helpful folks at Active.com have posted a list of my favorite Thanksgiving foods — and a suggested exercise to bun off each portion. Of course this is just an estimate. The actual number of calories you burn depends on your weight and on the intensity of your exercise.
- A 6-ounce serving of turkey (340 calories) — a 30-minute run, perhaps your local Turkey Trot 5K.
- A serving of mashed potatoes and gravy (300 calories) — 60 sets of 10 burpees.
- A half-cup of stuffing (180 calories) — 30 minutes of Pilates.
- Cranberry sauce (150 calories) – Stairmaster, 20 minutes at moderate setting
- Roll with butter (180 calories) — 18 sets of 20 push-ups.
- Piece of pumpkin pie (180 calories) — 20 minutes on elliptical trainer, moderate setting.
Happy Thanksgiving — and happy workouts!