Who here (raise your hand) thinks 1/2 cup of ice cream is a reasonable sized serving? I’m used to this amount as a serving, but I’m guessing plenty of you out there think 1/2 cup is a joke, right? This is the size of a normal scoop of ice cream which is about the size of two large eggs.
Go ahead, find that 1/2 cup measuring cup and take a gander at what amount of ice cream this really translates into.
In case this doesn’t seem like very much ice cream to you, we have ways of making 1/2 cup of ice cream seem like more:
- Serve your ice cream in a cute little dish (1/2 cup will fill it up fine)
- Top your ice cream with lots of fresh fruit like blueberries and sliced strawberries over vanilla or raspberries over chocolate ice cream.
- Enjoy your ice cream with an extra small spoon, so you are savoring each little bite and there will be more bites per dish than if you used a big spoon.
- Choose light ice creams that are truly satisfying! If it doesn’t taste awesome, a small serving will not seem as satisfying.
- Precede or follow your small ice cream serving with a nice cup of hot or cold green tea or another no calorie beverage. The liquid in your stomach may help give you a feeling of fullness and taste satisfaction.